Late Night Crafts

When I was in college, I worked for an antique dealer on the weekends. Of my many tasks, one of my favorites was being "commissioned" for my art work. The dear lady gave me a very old milk can - it had three layers of red paint (all different shades) and I think one layer of blue. I was instructed to strip off all the old paint, prime the can, and then paint a "Country Scene" over the entire surface. (I will refrain from giving details about how I feel about stripping off paint.) But what a transformation after is was all done! Okay the point of the story is, I loved painting that milk can! I stayed up countless nights very late working to create beauty. It is hard for me to stop once I get started. I rarely stay up past 10:30 anymore. But tonight was different. After the kids were tucked in, I was inspired to create. I owe my inspiration to Blossom Hill Cottons. I love her style, her work, and her words.

I totally eye-balled this project. I had no pattern. Just my imagination, felt, and floss. I couldn't think of a name for this little guy - but, I can tell you, he is a one of a kind!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Lot of little stitches and love went into that duck loved how it came out! Great job!
hugs ginger